View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #20
mrtoni

Re: DMV. Third time isn't a charm

Cops can tell in a second if your registration has been paid. However it is not legal for them to park and just run every plate that drives by. If you have an expired sticker they can stop you. However i moved states and didnt realize my insurance was cancelled because my agent was in Cal, i was on Nevada. After driving with no insurance, dmv canceled my registration. I saw a cop pull out and get behind me sure enough pulls me over. He says your registration and insurance are canceled. Well, why did you run my plate in first place? Judge agreed, i hadnt done anything to be justified in them paying any attention to me.
Dismissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Way back in the day, we got new plates every year, before someone got smart enough the realize it was a huge waste of money. Seems to me that the stickers started in the 70s? but I'm not sure exactly what year.
It all seems stupid though. In the computer age, the police can tell in seconds if your renewal fee has been paid. The money is all they really care about anyway, the sticker is moot.
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote