Thread: 47-55.1 My door hinge fix
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
NorCalGal

My door hinge fix

So I have been screwing with my door alignment for a couple weeks now. The problem I was having is that when the door was closed the top of the door stuck out 1/8 of an inch wider than the cowl. I have taken the door off and on I know at least 50 times. I tried to grind the holes on the hinge on one side so that I could have a little more room to push the top of the door in towards the cab but it wasn’t enough. I have bent and straightened the hinge trying to make it fit that way, finally had enough and cut to the chase. Here’s a picture of where I cut my hinge (top and bottom) then slid the hinge the distance I needed (you really can’t do much more than 1/8 of an inch or you will cause more problems). Re welded the hinge and installed, hinge lines up perfect.
This may not be the right way but I tried everything else with no satisfying results. So if your a little anal like me and can’t just let it go maybe this will help. Some pics for reference. The pic of the door is after, I didn’t get a before pic sorry.
Attached Images