View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 06:03 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: What are your top 5 take out burgers??

I rarely ever eat a burger when out when it's so easy to make them so good, any way you're in the mood for, from locally raised and butchered beef.

We have a Five Guys in town and those burgers taste great. But I think I ate there twice because I spent as much for two burgers and fries (no drinks) as what a good sit-down dinner would have cost in a decent restaurant. I rarely ever eat out or buy take out. It's gotten so expensive. You really pay the price for preparation these days. I can eat for days at home off what it cost to eat out, and be in control of the quality of ingredients

The problem with Five Guys and most any other burgers that are really good big and juicy, you need a roll to stand up to the task. I hate paying all that money for a fancy burger and have to woof it down before it disintegrates in my hand. Once you pick it up you can't put it back down. No thanks. If you can't find better rolls, maybe make up two patties out of that meat and make two sandwiches I can eat!

The best burgers of all times are "Bar Burgers". Can't tell you the last time I was in a bar, but I have had my best burgers served at a bar. Eateries like Five Guys are trying to catch up but there's just none better (except home made)

Another favorite is a burger at an outdoor party. Who knows where they were bought, probably frozen, no special individual attention given, cooked in mass. Ever so often you walk over, grab a roll, a burger, squirt some mustard on, and WOOF! Gone. Ready for more beer

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-24-2022 at 06:10 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote