View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #29
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: What are your top 5 take out burgers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
One thing I can say about Burger King is that they never changed the Whopper. It's still the same. Maybe not the best but it's still pretty good.
Apparently you aren't as old as I thought? The Whopper has definitely changed. It has gotten significantly smaller since the early 70s. The old slogan from back then was "It takes two hands to handle a Whopper" and it was true. They were bigger in diameter, almost to the point of looking odd.

My list:
1) is a local joint called the Thurman Cafe. Many people call it "Thurman's" like it is named for a person. It is not, the name comes from the street where it is located. It is known outside Columbus because of "The Arnold Classic" bodybuilding event. People come here from all over the world for that and they go to that place like it's some kind of Mecca. They are known for those huge burgers. The most popular being called the "Thurmanator" for the obvious reason above.
2) Red Robin, it's good for a chain (casual dining)
3) 5Guys, expensive for what it is, but acceptable.
4)In-N-Out, I've only had them a few times, because they are not here. IIRC the closest one is in East St Louis, Illinois right before you hit the river going west. I had it in Huntsville Texas too.
5)What a Burger, again only a few times because of location. I liked it when I was down there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote