View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 11:43 PM   #47
Tx70Gmc

Re: CPP Rear Disc Brakes not bleeding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin Fool View Post
I’m not sure if this is the problem but I had a similar problem with a classic Mustang front disc conversion some time ago. The brake calipers would not bleed. If you cracked the line at the calipers they would split fluid all over the place. The problem ended up being that the new caliper pistons had a very small radius on the bottom and Ford had a very large radius on their pistons. The hole that came into the bore was at the very bottom of the bore but came in from the side and not the bottom. When the piston was fully in to the bottom of the bore it would completely block off the hole. We sent the pistons out the a machine shop and had them add a larger radius to the piston and that solved the problem. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes stupid stuff happens. Just as a note , we had performed hundreds of conversions using the same kit and never had a problem. Dan.
Maybe that is my problem?
I emailed CPP to see if i could exchange these for a new set and im waiting to hear back. The only thing i can think of is these calipers are defective.
Tx70Gmc is offline   Reply With Quote