View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #50
Tx70Gmc

Re: CPP Rear Disc Brakes not bleeding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
To confirm:
1. No pressure at the bleeder nipple on the caliper
2. Pressure/Fluid at the connector of the break line to caliper. (2 calipers per circuit)

If so....you are not getting enough pressure to move the caliper piston past the bleeder port or the caliper is defective. Odd both calipers would be given you have a front and rear circuit. Is it possible that you still have air in the system? If so, opening the connection at the break line and caliper would result in you being able to push fluid out with the brake pedal and no real pressure would be required. But....if there is air in the system up stream, then the air pocket(s) might be enough to compress and eliminate or greatly reduce the pressure at the caliper piston when connected. Whereby not being sufficient pressure to move the caliper to a position the bleeder port is exposed.

Maybe as a test...Remove break line at the caliper. Use DRY compressed air and pressurize the caliper at the break line port of the caliper. Open the bleeder nipple. If you get any air then the caliper is ok and you need to look to other parts of the system.

Everyone has their preference. I have always used a vacuum bleeder with excellent results. On occasion a few pumps of the peddle was all I needed to get any pesky bubbles to clear and be vacuumed out.

Best of luck. This can be a frustrating process but I am betting it is probably air in the system.
I have removed the flex brakeline from the calipers and used compressed air to blow thru the caliper and out the bleeder with success.

However i still cant get fluid to the bleeder.
Tx70Gmc is offline   Reply With Quote