View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 12:18 AM   #831
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

I've measured, measured and measured again and I've finally nailed down the location of my seat. I ended up moving the outer most tab in towards the center of the cab one hole and was able to have the front tabs symmetrical with eachother using all stock floor mounting locations. The passenger side will be a little more challenging in that aspect but that will be a problem for another day. I have also confirmed that there are a small few differences in these buckets from passenger to driver seat which I had already suspected. If you look at the bottom of the seat bracket I have built, you can see how the rods are skewed about 1/2" from side to side. This actually sits parrelel to the hump in the floor where the front of the seat sits which tells me that the seat mount holes are not all in a line.
The other thing that I've accomplished tonight is the rear mounting tabs are now complete. So now that I have quadruple checked measurements and everything is sitting very nice and exactly where I wanted it, the next step will be welding the tabs on and that will complete the driver's seat mock up!
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote