Re: finally stop to say hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Welcome to the board! Stick around a while
Thanks I think I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3757chevy View Post
Thanks Kev.
Breckinridge is nice in the fall too. We went through in September a few years back on the way to Frisco and Silverthorne.

I don't remember the last time I went to the Royal Gorge and it's less than 20 miles from my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I went once and it was the pitfall of a wonderful vacation. last thing we did before heading to the airport, too. Wished we had skipped it. Not saying it's a horrible place, but after all the natural splendor and smaller more meaningful encounters with great people it was pure hell to end all that with landing on a tourist trap. We walked on the bridge, took pictures with giant cartoon figures then hi-tailed it to Canon City to a great Mexican restaurant we knew about... Taco Bell? JK! I forget which one but it was good!
I call it the bridge to nowhere. My kids take the grandkids up there every year at Halloween for "Boo on the Bridge" Costume contest. And depending on how long ago it has been things have changed alot since the fire in 2013. The favorite restaurant we always went to was The Chile Wagon but it's gone and now we go to Old Mission but there are quite a few and other than TB we'll eat at any of them.

Quote:
Now that's more my style. On our western trip in the '71 camper truck we went up there on our way to 4-corners and the North Rim. Mesa Verde is no short hike for you.
We didn't plan long enough in the park at Mesa Verde. They give you a week long pass and we had one day.

Quote:
Love that new tire smell. Nice tires
MMMMMMM. Thanks.
MIKE

Last edited by 3757chevy; 01-26-2023 at 12:54 AM.
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote