View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:08 AM   #752
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
Well, I can't afford it when it's so simple and easy to restore a bench seat lol

Seat belts are another matter. Not something you want to trust to just anyone. With the hit and miss quality of LMC, it's probably better to just have oem restored or go with someone with a reputation for high quality.
I suppose it is easy for some people, but for others it isn’t. But there is always what one would call “restoring” a seat, and wether it’s done right or not. Most upholstery shops throw a new cover on a seat and say that’s a restored seat, lol. I say it’s restoring and repairing the entire frame, tracks and hardware is what a true restoration is. Not everyone will even see some of the stuff I find on a seat frame, much less have to ability to repair them. Here are just some of the things I find on the seat frames that need attention, that 99% of the people don’t even see.

Seatbelts, I haven’t found an aftermarket place that has good working seatbelts yet. Sure they are new, but if they don’t function well, then why waste the money.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote