View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #4
Beach-Burban

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 and Sanderson BB8 Headers Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Lots of troubles, hope they get straightened out. My '70 BB truck has an HEI; the cap is a little over 4" away from the firewall. I have the opposite problem- my fan is very close to the radiator- the front edge is 1-1/2" away. It's always been like that, for the 41 years that I've known this truck. I finally just built a custom shroud for it. I was looking at the Blueprint Engineering 496 stroker, which is based on the 454. I wouldn't be using headers, but your problems give me pause on that kind of purchase.
Our Big Blocks are situated the same then...my HEI is about 4" away from firewall (I guess my picture makes it look closer?) and the front of the fan clutch has about 1 1/2" gap before hitting the radiator. I'm using an original BB fan shroud that fits pretty good but the fan blades come right to the edge without sticking out at all...not ideal from what I'm told? These Sanderson headers are used on a lot of our trucks, but I'm thinking the ''72 only" motor mounts are an issue??? Thanks for the input!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote