View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:17 PM   #31
Ironhorse

Re: Remember them metal license plate frames that

Interesting thread about the dealership plate frames. I have one I scored off eBay several years ago. Here in Wichita Yingling Chevrolet on 300 South Topeka St was THE place to go for factory performance cars in the 50s and 60s. Sadly the building caught fire in Nov of 1968 and was totally destroyed. Four local firefighters died when the roof suddenly collapsed on them during their initial entry into the building to confront the fire. Any sort of Yingling Chevrolet memorabilia from that dealership is considered locally as the ''holy grail'' to collectors. I scored my plate frame off eBay from a eBay vendor from all places in San Diego, Cal. for $32. Displayed as a ''Not For Sale'' piece at a swap meet a few years ago and was offered upwards of $125 for it but did not sell. It has a special place for me, I used to pass that building while in high school and drooled over the cars sitting there waiting for their new owner. Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, trucks, Impalas and even some used cars from brand X, Y and even Z. They had it all !
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote