View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 09:11 PM   #60
dmjlambert

Re: Gathering parts for front disc brakes for 1969

Here is an update about the tubing since I'm here thinking about this thread. I ended up buying Inline Tube front steel pre-bent brake lines for 71-72, and rear and front-to-rear steel pre-bent brake lines for 1969. The front set includes the rear brake lines that go from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve, and from the proportioning valve to the cross member, and from the cross member to the passenger side frame. The front-to-rear and rear brake line pre-bent for 1969 simply replace the old lines I had on the 1969, and they connect using the exiting union on the passenger side frame.

The 1969 tubing that goes from the distribution block to the passenger side frame was all one piece, but on the 71-72 front tubing set it is divided into 2 pieces, so I bought a Dorman union at the car parts store. That union goes next to the front brake tee on the back side of the cross member.

So far I have everything in place for the front brakes, but need to finish up tubing clamps.

The Inline tube hose bracket is not the best thing and required modification because it is at the wrong angle and is twice as thick where the tube attaches for some reason, and the hole where the tube goes through is too big. So I had to do modifications. I don't think anybody makes something suitable for our trucks.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote