View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 01:10 AM   #16
dsraven

Re: Tail light, brake, turn signal, backup light ideas?

the light buckets I used are from a yamaha roadstar. they fit on a crossbar under the headlight and assemble with a set of turn signal lights under them, so the driving lights fit on top of the bar and share the hardware, through the bar bracket, to the signals. it's easy to dissassemble. see the link. there are lots of these style lights available on amazon or ebay, just pick your new sealed beam tail light so it measures about the same as the outside diameter as the old driving light sealed beam. then you just need a threaded tube, like from a household lamp or whatever, and a short spacer conduit, I made mine from a piece of aluminum bar that I drilled and cut to length so the light housing stands off the box mount area, then assemble it all and wire it up through the threaded tube. some of the passing, fog or driving lights available have a rubber ring/tube that connects/clamps to the light housing and then to the sealed beam. this enables some vibration dampening but these sealed beam truck lights that I used are pretty durable. if you don't want chrome you could look at a simple tractor light housing, but, again, have your selected sealed beam light with you to check the fit.
https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oem...ssing-lamp-kit
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote