View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #30
Rickysnickers

Re: I'm disappointed in the direction this forum is headed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I'm w/you on this.

My RetroRod project was stolen in 1987. It was legally registered in my name and my DD @ the time of the theft. It was recovered during the property forfeiture process on a drug dealer in 1988.

The original VIN plate was removed/discarded by the thieves. I was given an adhesive backed foil 'sticker' (for lack of a better descript) that was basically the OE VIN 'number' w/an additional digit @ the end.

The truck was never registered after (licensed but not registered) because it was non-running & trashed. That 'decal/sticker' was never attached to what was left of the OG cab long ago when I started the rebuild process. It will be attached & used upon the rebirth of the truck which is a mix of years as far as parts sourcing goes.

I didn't remove the original VIN tag & the replacement was never attached to anything. Pretty sure I'm not breaking any laws but I'm betting some here will say it is.
You are not breaking the law, if you attach the replacement VIN to the cab that it was assigned to. If you just put it on any other truck of your choosing, then yes, that is breaking the law.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote