View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 10:16 AM   #196
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
Awesome. Now you know rust won't be popping its head thru the windshield area in 20 months!
Thats right! This roof stuff has been a headache, but in the end I'd say its worth it. Learned a lot, and can say at the least it was effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRU1436 View Post
Very impressive, great job!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Nice work! This is going to be one hell of a clean truck when you're done and something you can be proud of.

I'm going back to your brake system mod. I really like the flush mount idea. Is that one of those power brake kits with the weird mounting bracket and pivot that sets the booster way off the firewall? If so, I'm wondering if you plan to incorporate the pivot somehow or if you are worried about excessive pedal travel if you do not include it. I have that booster/master combo with the bracket/pivot and it works well as designed, it just looks terrible sticking so far off the firewall. I'd like to maybe do this mod as well.
I got this setup off eBay, the 8inch dual diaphragm with a 1 1/8 disc/drum master, and it did come with the big bracket and bellcrank. I plan to do a direct mount of the pedal push rod, I am currently studying the design of the master/booster/push rod combo to understand what I need to do moving forward. What I understand is the factory manual brakes want 4:1 pedal ratio, and power brakes want 6:1, to my understanding I should be able to move the mounting point down 1" and accomplish something close to this, as long as it doesnt create a weird angle. I may end up modifying the pedal itself if thats the case.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote