View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 04:43 PM   #3628
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Not much to show but big day man. This has been what's approaching an 8 year project. I'm still waiting on bumpers, upholstery held hostage by a covid economy, hub caps, and the grilles I'll install after the A/C is charged. Beyond that I had one last thing I could possibly do, and that's install the windshield wipers.

I've only seen the truck with a battery say 20 minutes. Everything works so far, but then came what I was waiting for most, the washer pump.

not a drop. Clicked that dude say a dozen times or so, nothin. Heck I bought the truck in 1989 and it's never worked. But I knew the pump was operable years ago, after I cleaned her out and tore this thing down.

So I thought, what happens if I prime the system by blowing into washer bottle's hose with my lungs. Wholly cow, hit the pump and struck water. Another dozen pumps later and hallelujah.

I also finished the assembly guide I've worked on for this entire ride. Really happy about that. I spent more time on that than actually building the truck.
Cool. I haven't had working Schwishers in a couple decades on any of my rigs. I just splash water on the windshield, turn on the wipers and splash more water till it's clean.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 03-06-2023 at 12:16 AM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote