View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 04:03 PM   #32
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: So I drove through some water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
my thoughts on 4wd...

Fwiw, i have yet to figure out why somebody would buy a pickup that isn't 4wd.

I've owned a vehicle with 4wd capabilities since the mid 90s when i could first afford one. I have yet to go "off roading" though there have been hunting trips on 2 tracks in the mountains of wyoming and logging roads in northern minnesota where folks might consider that off roading. Pro tip: Use 2wd until you can't. If you get stuck already in 4wd, you may have to work to get out.

I use my truck to plow my driveway in the winter. I shift the transfer case into 4hi in november, and back to 2 in march or april. It is looking like april this year. Pro tip: Put chains on your front tires. You get extra traction and you can steer.

I have 3 daily drivers. One for me, one for my wife, and one for my college kid. All have 4wd capabilities.

My driveway is uphill and gravel. I can't plow it clean. Snow builds up over the winter. From about the end of january until nowish you can't get out of my yard with 2wd. Many have tried. Let's just call it 1.5 months you need awd or 4wd to get out of my driveway. That is 12.5% of the year.

That is all i'm going to say about that.

x3

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote