View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 07:14 AM   #3636
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Rec’d these caps today. Props to CHEVMN for restoring them. His father is a board member.

I need to choose tires yet, leaning to 235-75-15, not sure about 235-70-15. I like the look of the current prifile, but oh snap, those are 255-70 on 6” wheels for temporary, YIKES! Using this as a gauge, strikes me 235-75 and 255-70 have similar profiles. 4/2.5 drop suspension. Picture is of existing 255-70, input appreciated.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r15-235-75r15

Oh, boy, my truck is finally running today too. Someone else dialed in the carb, same guy who rebuilt it. That was a long haul. The hick-ups were the transmission was rebuilt twice, and lesson learned for radiator.

I also dog-proofed my truck space today, built that friggin wall. He’s a rambunctious German Shepard, stuff gets knocked around sometimes, plus it's just a good idea due storage considerations. The extra lumber was I started too close to the door, so some 2x3. Now the door just opens all the way, I took every pinch of space I could. Think I’ll throw some foam on the "center" post, but there is 8-9” play. I just made a post of my work tableit's a heavy unit. Bummer I can't rightly pop the hood without moving it, but on the bright side all three of my vehicles have a garage space again, and the truck is secluded.
hi Tony,truck looks great and progress being made.all good.hubcaps look good,in my opinion,they really sharpen up the looks of these trucks.i was talking to those same folks about a set of hubcaps for my truck but in the end,i did my own.very nice truck,you've done a great job on it.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote