View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 12:59 PM   #26
64shortbox

Re: Starving for Gas and getting worse!

As franken said, check for fuel delivery. Not just pressure but volume. Get a 1 or 2 gallon gas can with gas, set it on the ground - it should fit between the radiator and the motor under the lower radiator hose. Get some gas hose and run it from the suction side of the fuel pump into your gas can - this will eliminate your fuel line fuel tank pick up etc. from the loop. Will the truck start? If not prime your carb and try starting again. Does the truck start now? If so, does revving it a little in neutral cause a fuel starvation problem? If so it can only mean one problem you have a bad fuel pump. Since you've replaced the fuel pump twice - we're back to the eccentric on the camshaft being worn - that's providing the fuel filter in the Q-Jet carb isn't in backwards and the spring in it is OK. You can also buy a fuel pressure gauge from Harbor Freight for $15.00 - but it's not just fuel pressure but fuel volume. https://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-p...pressure+gauge Dang, I just left the Ahwatukee area of Phoenix and am now home in edited by staff - I would have been more than happy to come over and help you trouble shoot & repair your fuel problem. I'm retired, so every day is a Saturday & I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

Last edited by Liz; 04-14-2023 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Someone reported you
64shortbox is online now   Reply With Quote