View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 11:48 PM   #12
cornerstone

Re: Texas C10 Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B View Post
There is only one show that I can think of and it is the CCC club show that is put on the third Saturday of each month. It is at Birdville Stadium on Precinct Line Road north of 820. When I go, there is always something different showing up. But one thing I have never seen at one is a large truck like your C50. I bet it would draw attention and for sure when a class award.

I think I come out in your area some. I am helping a friend build a drag car and he lives off of Midway/Jacksboro Hwy area. I have been doing this on Saturdays for the last 18 months, only time we have to work on it. We finally got it done enough to send it over to paint and body. We built it from a bare shell, it will be an 87 Dodge Daytona and resemble the late 80's Prostock fashion. Every part on it is fabricated.
The one I race is a 2000 S10 Xtreme standard cab. I made thread up on it. I built it back in 2013. It is fun to drive.

Thanks! I'll plan on going out to the show next Saturday evening. I looked into the CCC club as well and it seems like something that I'd like to possibly join, I'll know more after the show.

I had a boss back in 1987 who bought a Dodge Daytona turbo brand new. It was cool back then and I bet his will look awesome as a drag car. Yeah, you pass my exit every time you go out to his place. You should stop by my place and give me pointers on my build sometime, I always have questions. Seems like all the tracks have closed up in the DFW area, but I don't keep up with it so much anymore. Where do you race at? I'll check out your thread if I can find it.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote