View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 12:23 PM   #218
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Trying to lock the body down to the chassis today. It's close, as close as I can get it because the chassis isn't quite where it should be. I need the body to be about 1/8-3/16" more to the passenger side in front but the lip on the hood opening hits the tube, it's as far over as I can go. I'm not sure yet how that will effect the windshield mounting.

Oh and I got license plates. I'm not going to be surprised if the state kicks it back though and asks for more tax money. The woman at DMV had never registered a kit car before and just winged it. Her boss was there and had a little input. They only charged taxes based on what I paid for the kit, and I paid MA sales tax on that which was .25% less than MN so just paid the difference. She didn't add the engine and tranny costs to it so it might come back for that. Although there is no place on the documents asking for the value on those. It's not a huge amount since I bought them used and I expected to have to pay it.

I am going to try and get it together enough this weekend to take it for a drive. The windshield is optional in MN so we'll see if I get that far. I think I'm going to put the seat belts/harnesses in next, then lights, then exhaust. Break time is over...
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote