View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 11:33 AM   #2178
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very cool! I have not checked in for a while but it looks like you sure have made great progress on it! I'll have to go back and see where I left off. I'm interested to see how much range you have. We surely don't have the chargers as close as you do out there I'm sure. We have more and more being built in the big cities but none rural...
glad you swung back around, great question about the range, I am using a battery pack from a hybrid donor vehicle and not a 100% electric car and those tend to be much smaller. it is a 9.1 killer watt battery pack and the golden rule is about 3.5 miles per kW so 9.1 times 3.5 puts me at a range of only 31.85 miles

Well that SUCKS you shout! well I did a number of road tests and got closer to 39.9 miles before completely running out of juice, but wait, there's more, I own two of these packs already and all I need to do is get off my butt and add the second one and we will essentially double our range to over 65 miles, not too bad

Fun Fact: Per insurance company stats, the average American drives less than 40 miles per day! please think about that for a minute

FYI, each pack weighs apprximately 180 pounds and cost me on average $1K each (paid $900 for the first one, and $1,100 for the second one)

here is a link to an absolutely fascinating video of me manhandling one of these beauties: BMW 530e Plug In Hybrid HV Battery Pack

Bonus Points: if you can identify the name of the song?
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 11-03-2023 at 11:38 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote