View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 01:40 AM   #18
mr48chev

Re: SBC Power Steering pump and brackets

If you are snagging, snag off a Chevy pickup with a small block. The reason being, is orientation of where the pressure line and return lines hook up. The pump is set up for flare fittings and that may create a challenge if you get a later style pump with the newer style ( I just flat don't know the correct name) fittings. You can swap the pressure fitting in the back of the pump to get the correct fitting though. Otherwise you might have to have a hydraulic shop make the hose or use one of the mix and match ends hose combos if they are still available that come as half a hose that you connect to the other half a hose you need to make it work. Those heads with the bolt holes make things ten times easier though.

Personally I would just go get the whole setup off a 73/87 truck as the diagram that 1project2many showed and then decide if I wanted to replace the pump it's self The pump usually comes as just the pump and you put your pulley and canister on it. Looking at Rock auto you can get them for a 77 C10 with a 350 with the can on them though. Some of The parts numbers would match numbers at your local parts houses.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 12-03-2023 at 01:54 AM.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote