View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 12:21 PM   #4988
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
We were at Kenlake Marina on Ky Lake years ago, crappie fishing from the bank, when about 30 or so Kaiser cars came down thru the marina lot and parked at the restaurant. I had never seen one until that day. It was a club from somewhere on a big trip and I happened to be there to enjoy their cars.
That must be a tight group. You know they came out after WW2 in '47 and only made it to '52. But that was longer than the others who started up after the war
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Screw View Post
In my life I've seen Lots of "abandon"(?) Old Neat Stuff sittin out in fields....I've always been too afraid to get shot at to go check it out...
Me too, usually. But they'd have to have some serious range to hit me at this place. Not another place in sight. All the farmhouses on this road are abandoned. It's just active farmland now.

If I get around to it, I want to go to the county assayer's office once I get an address and see who owns the land now. I assume the car owner died. Things had been left in the house, but that's all a ruined mess. The building the car would have been parked in has rotted and come down. I think the owner pulled up and parked it there, then had a health issue that took him away and he never came back or he died there. I can try searching by the tag number.

It's missing the hood emblem, but they never did have any trim. By the pictures I've seen they all had four bumper guards and this one's missing it's
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-25-2024 at 12:26 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote