View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 09:06 PM   #1
FatherandSon

Cold Case Radiator Trouble x 3

I installed a Cold Case Radiator on my '50 AD Chevy build (SBC 383ci 400hp/AT/AC) and thought the quality, fit and appearance was good so I went back to Cold Case when I needed a replacement for my '69 C20 (SBC 350ci 290hp/AT/AC). Unfortunately, it started leaking from a tube after a couple months. I contacted Cold Case who required photos of an active leak (which I provided) but they would not pay for shipping to return the defective radiator. Fortunately, I had purchased the radiator through Summit and they replaced it promptly without shipping charges. Unfortunately, it also started leaking, this time from a tank. Here's where I confess stupidity - I initially looked for a comparably priced US made radiator but couldn't find one and I was really sold on Cold Case's 1.25" two row tube design so I thought "this must be a fluke/third time is the charm" but NO! It leaked as well, but worse than the first two. I'm not sure if this is a case of a bad batch from China or what but I thought I'd put it out there for you all. On the upside, Summit processed all 3 returns promptly and I'm very proficient at R&Ring a radiator!
FatherandSon is offline   Reply With Quote