View Single Post
Old 05-16-2024, 03:09 AM   #16
mr48chev

Re: Recommended carb for std 350ci v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust_never_sleeps View Post
Quadrajets are not one-size-fits-most, btw. You need the right one with the right guts in it for the 350 SBC.
Can't guarantee you'll love the q-jet, but if you're putting a square peg in a round hole, you're bound to hate it.
This is an excellent point. If you have the correct carb for the engine you have now I wouldn't swap it for a bigger Q jet, I would get the correct kit for it and rebuild it with a couple of small mods that don't change performance but solve a couple of small issues.

I think I got my last kit from Cliff's high performance Quadrajet as I got the bottom plug kit he sells to fix the bottom plug leak.
https://cliffshighperformance.com/ The gaskets and parts are all fresh and you aren't getting a kit that was sitting on a shelf in a warehouse for five years or longer.

The other thing besides that is that the the throttle shaft holes wear and get loose and there are tools and kits to replace them.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote