View Single Post
Old 05-22-2024, 12:50 AM   #25
lil hoodlum

Re: Where do you start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerdbyChevy79 View Post
First place you start at is a plan and a budget.. decide what your goal is.. then move on from there...
I will say.. a lot of trucks get ripped apart and never get done because the person gets overwhelmed, my advice would be to get it running and enjoy it before you really dig into it.. look to only do things that will make the truck more enjoyable to drive, Suspension, drivetrain, AC, etc..
I second this, get it driveable and keep it driveable. Fix/ upgrade when necessary but keep it driveable.

My 1968 C10 is my daily driver and has been for nearly 24 years, I depend on it to get me around and back & fourth to work. Yes, I have an issues pop up that needed my attention that sometimes took it out of comission for a week or month, but soon but it back into daily driver status.

Yes, my trucks not the prettiest or going to win any awards but I enjoy driving it "most" of the time... LOL

1968 C20 327, 4 speed manual, LWB stock height custom camper with heavy duty leaf springs rear, 50th anniversary edition. Hoping to press into daily drive status soon.
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote