View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 08:51 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: steering shaft design

As far as getting to the nitty gritty on the change goes, I'm seeing 95-97 bag results. Still not sure if the 98-00s are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
I must be missing something. But isn't the shaft design (knurled end) the same for all years? In other words, isn't the difference just the bracket that bolts to the shaft different?

I don't understand why you can't change the bracket along with the steering wheel. What am I missing here?
Either you are or I am missing something. You seem to know something I don't, and I'm missing it. No problem at the steering shaft at all. Air bags are new territory for me and I don't have one to look at. Are you saying there's a removable bracket on the bag I can swap, if I can find one by itself? To answer the question asked in this thread, do you know what years I am looking for? '98-up?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote