View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 09:29 AM   #9
verdell

Re: Exhaust MagnaFlow mufflers w/5.3 swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueOdyssey68 View Post
Anybody have any videos of 14 inch MagnaFlows with a Gen III 5.3?
Searched a lot here and youtube and not much of this specific setup or it's not mentioned.
Getting custom exhaust done soon. 2.5 inch Dual 14 inch long oval MagnaFlows behind cab tucked into frame, H pipe. Not cats, just running straight out back under bumper (tip cutouts) to 3.5 inch rolled edge stainless tips. Headers are shorty's on a 2006 5.3 (L33 "H.O.") stock w/custom ecm tune.

Can't decide between 14 inch or 18 inch long MagnaFlows, but I'm thinking 14. I'm hoping for good flow, low restriction (LS engines like to breathe), Noticeable idle/rumble, enough to hear across the street (residential) or standing nearby but not streets over the whole neighborhood lol, and that smooth deep tone on acceleration, and aggressive on WOT. From the tons of reading and research I've done, dual magnaflows with minimal bends, straight and H pipe seem to be the way to go. I love the Flowmaster idle sound, burble, but I think in these single cabs and overdrive cruising RPM most Flowmaster's are to loud, drone a bit much and definitely don't flow as free as straight thru.

Any links to videos of Gen3 5.3 stock with 14 inch MagnaFlows would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I'm running a cammed L33 with Magnaflows, 2.5" exhaust, X-pipe, all the way out back dumping under the roll pan, stainless tips. I know it's not your exact setup but may give you an idea. I'll message you if you like..
Attached Images

Last edited by verdell; 04-13-2023 at 09:42 AM.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote