View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 07:31 PM   #39
Peanut74

Re: Got a bed kit today and assembly tips would help

Well I go my honey do's done so I did some work on the bed. I got it all painted .and have started to put it together. I forgot to take pictures when I install the bed front. I didn't put any seam sealer on the flange but did seal the seam inside the bed. As for the sides I put seam sealer down on the bed and assembled the two. I did have to paint the bolts once I had them installed. I never have any luck painting them ahead of time. When I installed the wheel wells I put seam sealer on the wheel well flange that bolts to the fender. I also put seam sealer on the wheel well ends to make sure seam sealer was good in the corners. I tightened the inner wheel well bolts first starting in the center and working my way out. I wanted to make sure it pulled down evenly. Once they were tight the outer flange lifted up enough to get the seam sealer in the gap. Once ever thing was tight I went back and smoothed it all out. I also added an additional bead between the fender and wheel well in the bed. I also installed the rear wire harness clips on the rear rail. These were not included with the kit so I had to salvage it from my old bed.
Attached Images

2012 Jeep JKU "Crush"
1976 Chevy short bed with a 327 and 3 on the tree (Sold it to buy the Blazer)
1971 Chevy Blazer (Sold it)
Peanut74 is offline   Reply With Quote