View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #4
Davidf

Re: Seeking Edgeucation on a Divorce Choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Working on a 1971 C-10. The choke was pulled off this decades ago in favor a manual choke, but time to bring it back to it's former glory I know very little about.

Guy I've known 50 years rebuilt the original Rochester quad & set me up for a choke. He ended up getting a Edelbrock spring thermostat kit. Really, I may try to talk him into sending back, if I knew yesterday what I think know today Doesn't even come with the right screw 8-32 for original manifolds BTW.

I'm not touching the link right, save that business for the guy who's done this before but I think I have a general idea. Apparently that spring pushes the linkage up, opening the valve (flapper) in the front carb when it warms up. Anyway, so I mounted this just to see, doesn't look right to me.

I found the original thermo. springs. Less 1-2 of the "original" I've seen the end of the spring for the linkage face forward, this Edelbrock faces rear. Which is right, and can the spring be turned around on the spindle?

Picture of an original 402 set-up appreciated. Same for any input, thank you.
I believe it is installed backwards. The spring eyelet should be on the front side and the rod should be rotated 180 degrees.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote