View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 02:20 AM   #10
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Seeking Edgeucation on a Divorce Choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
This may help. Photo of a 73 454 I harvested from the interweb. I also found the same choke stove arrangement on 70 BBC corvettes.
Nice clear picture and looks exactly right, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
GM did an awesome job on this choke set up, in my humble opinion.
Be sure the intake manifold pass through hasn't been bypassed or plugged with carbon.
Confirm the Exhaust heat riser is functioning.
Be sure the can/cover that covers the spring, that sets on the intake, is installed.
My bet is it will function like new it the complete system is working.
Rick

Shoot, now I have to pull the manifold Kidding, it's good to go. I was telling my brother today there must be 20ish parts to a cold start, what a cool system. Once I figure out the make-up of a choke I'd like to learn how to adjust the carb. Better we do it then some garage used to fuel injection & computers.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 04-09-2021 at 02:26 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote