View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Starting problems...need some guidance

So here's my dilema...I finally got the truck to stop smoking and running good when i can get it turned over...the problem is that it takes a bit to start. The dizzy is in good shape. Cap and rotor are fine. Has a hypertech dizzy, new wires, and 3 week old plugs that are in good shape...it just seems like the starter isn't wanting to turn the fly wheel or something. Like it gets the voltage hard and then wines a bit and flips over the hump, and once it does, it slowly turns and then fights to crank over. I did notice the other day that after a minute of trying to get her started, i checked the positive battery post and wire, and both were warm to the touch. The cable is around a a 0/1 gauge wire and the connections don't have any corrosion on them. I haven't done a drop voltage check, but kind of wondering where to start (no pun intended) with my trouble shooting. I did notice that the negative cable is a tad smaller than the positive which I blieve is a no-no, but not by much. Can y'all point me in the right direction?

Thank.

jack
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote