View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: Starting problems...need some guidance

I had a starter like this on my rock crawler...always carried a spare with me on the trail...but that's probably cause i've had to use the starter to get out of a scrape a couple of times.

Also, something a little odd on my truck. I don't know if this makes much of a differance...so it's a manual tranny, but i can start the truck while it's in neutral sometimes without engaging the clutch...i am not sure if this was due to the clutch linkage being so loose the other day. (i got down the road, and then the clutch got stuck in neutral and had to drive it in reverse to the house to disengage the clutch cause the home-brew cable was flopping around and not hooked up right...i've since fixed this and it is nice and tight.) haven't tried starting it without the clutch since. seemed like even when i could start it without the clutch before, that it turned over pretty easy at first.

hopefully i haven't confused anyone. I'll pull the starter and take it to the parts store after i get my horses shaw'd
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote