Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #72
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Went to the UGA game last night and didn't get home till 2 in the morning. Slept in a good bit, and started finishing up the sway bar install around noon. After looking at it, I didn't want to drill the LCAs from the underside, and I'm glad I didn't because I would've drilled the holes in the wrong spot My dad and I went to Home Depot to pick up this Milwaukee adapter so I could drill a pilot hole without taking the tie rod loose. It worked really well, and was well worth the 20 bucks for it. I finished drilling the hole from the underside once the pilot holes were done.

After the holes were done, the bushings bolted in real nice, and everything looked good. Torqued down all the bolts, went for a test drive, and was grinning from ear to ear so much that my face started to hurt This bar is such an improvement from stock even with the original bushings from the truck it was pulled from. The new bushings show up tomorrow, but I don't know when I will put them in. Frankentruck actually corners really well now, so it was well worth the 65 bucks.

On our way back from the store, we stopped at a yard sale and picked up 6 of these rally wheel center caps. 4 of them have this Chevy logo, 2 of them are open in the center. They look really good on Frankentruck, but I'm not sure how to mount them. I don't know what they came off of either, but they were cheap so I figured I would try it. Anybody know just by looking at it what this cap came off of?
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote