View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
Dr Jekyll

Thanks Joe, I didn't have anything better to do.

A friend at work offered to sell me his 1970 C10 LWB for $500. It ran but needed brake work. At the time my wife was commuting with our daily driver and I was commuting on motorcycle. With winter was fast approaching, I figured what the hell its only $500 and it will keep the rain out of my boots. I Drove home standing on the brake petal at stop lights(making faces), and had to push it into the garage after the starter crapped out in my driveway at the end of the trip. I knew what I was getting for $500 and still had/have no regrets.

Went through the brakes, bought a new starter, and drove it on days when the bike was unbearable. After a Year or so of burning oil and fouling plugs I decided to get a long block crate engine for $2400, which has been great. Then of course the only downside of driving the truck was it looked like a turd with a classic combination to two tone primer and rust. A couple coats of paint should be quick and easy, rrriiiiiight? Don't answer that.

Yeah, spraying a couple passes of color doesnt take too long, but the prep was killer. I was tapping on the lower doors and rockers and rust was raining down, and I knew paint wasnt sticking to that for long. So, fire up the cut off wheel and lets get to it.

Last edited by Dr Jekyll; 11-16-2020 at 12:57 AM.
Dr Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote