View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:18 AM   #45
89AKurt

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

I'm so stoked! Got my first LMC order, *had to* get some things on today.

I get excited about getting models too, this is about the same.

I mean seriously?!?! What is with the stupid label, I'm not having sex with the box!

Looks like this was repaired before. And then damaged again.

Ready to rip the old wiring out. A cheapskate thing I did, was clean the housings, mask and sprayed silver. They had also been installed with only one screw, so I used aluminum duct tape to cover the hole.

Comparing the harnesses. This truck has the non-bulb sidelights. Will need to get the license lamp next order.

The one part made in the USA, was disappointed. One of the "nuts" came off, another was not lined up to the hole.

I didn't like how it sagged, so shoved a 1/2" x 1/2" stick under it. Cheapskate repair!

I wanted to adjust the hood. The thread on this forum was very helpful.
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/24mrJon]

The back-up lights were not working. So I found a couple of threads related to the 4 speed (90% were about the 3 on-the-tree), which said you have to take off the hump to see the switch. What a PITA, needed to remove the little plastic duct, also removed the rubber boot. Good thing I didn't care about the seat, or paint. This was the critical position to get it over the shifter.

Yea, there's the bugger! I need to remove that foam.

When I had looked over the engine bay, noticed this loose wire. The terminal matched!

This made my day!

But I'm pissed about the ignition switch. Also with all the slamming of the hood shut, one of the headlight adjuster plastic nuts broke, the headlight was looking at the ground, so I scrounged for two nuts, not adjustable but it's back in place.

Will go to the car wash and clean the transmission before putting it back together. Drove it tonight, I have flickering lights. grrrr