View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 01:30 AM   #1
Pick121

The Green Machine - 1963 C50 field rescue

Hello Heavy haulers, I am new to the site but I have been stalking all of you! Just today allowed to post.
My neighbors are old ranchers and have a bunch of “yard art” meaning broken down rusted farm equipment and such. I have been at their house many times but one day, this old truck catches my eye.
(Photo 1)
It’s a 1963 C50 sitting out there to rust its remaining years away! On a side note, I love good beer. And I have always had this dream of growing hops on our 19 acre ranch, and one day I saw this old photo (Sorry it’s a Dodge)
(Photo 2)
of an ole truck harvesting hops on the Hop Growers of America site and I says to myself, wouldn’t that be cool to have an old workhorse truck working the Hop harvest? (Now remember, I don’t have ANY hops growing) So I tell them, don’t ever think of getting rid of that truck without asking me first. They say: it’s yours! Take it, we would just love to see it running again. Johnny (the neighbor) says it was running when it was parked x number of years ago. So my next project is, rescuing this beast from its current state of non-function and get it across the street to my shop! More photos to follow
Attached Images

Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote