View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #1366
smbrouss70

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Those notches look great in there, I love watching your builds come together. You seem way more organized than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Intrigued! Where is the build thread?
No build thread, I haven't touched it since I got the Blazer, except to move it around the shop. I'm seriously contemplating using a C6 manual trans-axle with one of Dobbertin Performance's cradles when I get back on the truck.

Quote:
No perfection here, just creative photography I used to strive for perfection, but it's too stressful of a pursuit. I also don't share many of my failures or how long some of these things actually take...
It's amazing how long a simple task takes when you can only spend a couple of hours a night working on it... Oh yeah, my photography skills suck, that's why I haven't been posting on my thread, plus nobody wants to see pictures of me cussing at things that don't fit right or bolts/nuts that strip out!

Quote:
I did use a tall spindle kit, but made for an impala to get the 5x5 pattern. I used LD Belltech 73-87 spindles. Yours sounds like it should work well, but I'd shoot Tobin a quick email to confirm. You'll likely need new brackets for the truck axle, but otherwise, I think, good to go.
I already have the 5 x 4.75 BC on the Blazer, and I might as well narrow the 8.5" 10-bolt that is in the other truck since it already has a brand new 3.73 Posi setup in it.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote