View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 09:29 PM   #3
SilverGT3RS

Re: Powering up my LQ9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
So a I hate to be Debby downer but a 2004 6.0 is 20 plus years old. Have you done the basics like a compression test? What trans and if auto what stall?
Head wise L92's are hard to beat cost wise. No matter what you will need aftermarket valve springs and push rods for the cams you listed.
I would talk to BTR about vacuum for power brakes per the cams listed above.
So 500-550 hp at the crank or at the rear wheels? If you want that at wheels a stroker may be in your future.
Thanks for the reply. Engine is strong….compression is great, no oil usage and AFAIK there are no issues of consequence. Engine has approximately 75k miles on it, which is nothing for an LQ9.

I’d like to achieve 475-485 at the RW. With cam and heads, along with all the goodies I have this should be easy to achieve. I’m just trying to get some opinions on heads and cams to explore before starting to call around to BTR, Texas Speed, and probably a couple other places.

Running a 4L80e for the trans and I believe the stall is 2800 or so. Another piece of the puzzle the previous owner didn’t know about.

I do plan on checking with BTR about the cams listed but from some general research that doesn’t seem to be an issue across several different models like Vettes and F Bodied using those cams. I’m also looking at TFs “Sloppy Seconds” cam too.

Last edited by SilverGT3RS; 03-16-2024 at 09:36 PM.
SilverGT3RS is offline   Reply With Quote