View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #60
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenburb View Post
Right no,
can't wait to see it done.
Thanks, I'm trying to get as much done as I can while I have time with work being closed.

I bought a set of Russell 640281 -3 AN SAE Adapter Fitting for my clutch master and slave. I am using the master and slave from a 95 chevy 3500. I had to extend the master cylinder rod and cut about a half inch off the slave cylinder and drill out the holes on the slave as the mounting holes are slightly farther apart on the dodge bellhousing. But one cool thing about the Russell Adapter Fittings is, I can buy a first gen clutch slave and it uses the same adapter fittings. So when the salve goes bad I can just bolt on the dodge slave and I wont have to mod anything.

IMAG2834 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2835 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2836 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2837 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2839 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I installed a power steering line from a 95 chevy 3500 the fitting to the hydroboost bolted on but I had to cut off the fitting and use the stock fitting with a flared end.

IMAG2838 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2840 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I did the one wire conversion to the alternator and I also installed a wire for the W terminal for a diesel tachometer. So techanely I will have to run 3 wires. 1 to the battery/ starter 2 to ignition switched power, 3 to the tachometer.

IMAG2842 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Installed the belt.

IMAG2841 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I made a battery tray out of some 3/4 and 1 inch angle iron and some 3/4 flat bar I had left over from another project. My plan is to install it to the frame behind the cab until I get some underside boxes, then I will mount it in there. I wish I had made the tray 3/8 wider and deeper as its a tight fit.

IMAG2843 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2844 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2845 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2846 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2847 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote