Thread: 87' 4x4
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 12:29 AM   #202
Greenlee

Re: 87' 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Just read thru your build thread, very nice! Is this the truck that the seat will go in? I’m a little nervous now, I see you did your interior in Firethorn. But Firethorn is a component of CarmineRed, when mixed with Portola Red. This is what I had to do, when SEM discontinued 81-83 CarmineRed. But now, USA1 Industries has all our correct colors of dye. Can’t wait to see the seat installed! You have done an excellent job on your truck
On a side note, I can only see a small portion of the seatbelts laying on your seat. I’m assuming, that since your truck is an 87, your belts are Burgundy?
Thank you. Can’t wait to get the new seat in in there! Yes, I dyed the door panels, dash and headliner trim with SEM Firethorn red years ago. Door panels have some scratches and could use a re-spray. Maybe I’m colorblind but the different shades of red aren’t really noticeable and don’t bother me. Lol

I think you’re right though. The seat belts and sun visors are the stock color and look more maroon or burgundy. I also bought new door pockets from LMC a couple years ago and they seem to match pretty good with the Firethorn red even though I didn’t dye them. I’m thinking about getting new door inserts also.
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote