View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #146
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

She is, thank you.

Boy my life right now............Ha. It happens. By brothers are battling, and the "vultures" are at bay. I've seen it before, wasn't unexpected. I get another Shepard come Tuesday, makes six dogs (WTH?) See, I probably didn't clean my floors often enough beforehand, but I can't go more than two weeks with the first Shepard, and the next sheds twice as much She's not long for this world, primarily because her hind-legs are shot. Doesn't have any teeth either, beautiful smile. She's quite a story BTW.

Course I'm working on their place, I didn't realize they were hoarders, won't bore you with the details. The Lt. Col. goes into a memory care center on Tuesday. I even spent a few hours back to center this week Looking forward to a lot more.

As for my build, good timing, I can't do anything without body/paint anyway. Think I'll call the guy, set up another day.

Speak of the build, I was well clueless coming into this project. Some suggest I built myself off the road. Heck I don't know, they might be right. Perhaps I may trailer the thing on occasion, but I didn't build this to show. I'll still drive it, but seems the money pit needs a truck to pull it. My 4.7 Tundra won't cut it, and forget about the dog C20.

So my mother left me a real nice Highlander, basically new. Too nice for me, I can't use it. That and all the bells and whistles these days are a bother, I stopped at A/C, though power locks are cool. Anyway, mother really left me a 5.7 Tundra I don't have yet. That will be the second (*^()^ truck I've bought for my truck What a disaster
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-22-2019 at 08:45 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote