View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
BOSS
Just here to help

toms68cst

Thanks Jeff (A.K.A. CPNE) for the nomination.

I’ve owned my truck for about 6-7 years now. I bought it from the son of an old farmer. Apparently it sat in storage for a number of years. The odometer reads just shy of 50k miles and I’m pretty sure that it is original mileage and paint.

It’s a fairly basic ND farm truck, but it has a few interesting options. The factory options include the CST package, Pin stripe, 327 4 speed, in-bed spare, Side trim, Wood floor and full gauges (except tachometer). I have added full 67-68 wheel covers and correct bumper guards for the 68's. The only option that’s not original is power steering which I added shortly after I bought the truck.

A couple of years ago due to the fact that nearly every seal and gasket was shot on the motor (Due to its age) I decided to pull it, rebuild it and detail it up nice to factory appearance. I had the heads redone, the block ground .030 over and the crank ground at that time. All of the casting numbers are correct for my truck and all the date codes were from late spring of 68. This truck still sports all of the original AIR (smog pump) equipment.

My future plans are to repair a small rip in the seat, restore the finish on the steering wheel and find more correct looking tires for it. Someday I’d like to repair some of the minor surface rust and dings.

These days I just use it for bopping around town, light hauling and cruising. I get a lot of attention wherever I go. My two young kids especially like to ride in it with me.

Looks like I’ve got some tough competition!