Thread: Project Falcon
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
Billett

Project Falcon

Recently picked up a new car and need some opinions from you guys before I really dig into this project.

My brothers and I recently purchased a 1961 Ford Falcon 4 door. We got it for pretty darn cheap and it runs and drives. At the time we were looking for a light autocross car to tool around in and not worry about the appearance. I realize a 4 door isn't what most people think of when they hear autocross, but I've been racing with my c10 longbed for a little while and we have a bit of a flair for trying to get vehicles to do things they aren't supposed to.

Original plan was to yank out the old inline 6 and trans, drop in whatever swap we felt like, disc brakes, drop springs, drive. We don't need it to be super competitive we just wanted it to be cheap and fun and not another miata. Problem is, I checked out the VIN number and it turns out that this thing, while beat to hell, is all original. Engine, trans, interior is all from the factory. 144 CI I6, 2 speed fordomatic. Paint has been done over and looks like heck.

My question to you guys is: what would you do in this situation? Clean it up a bit and try to flip it because it's all original, or yank out all that old junk because no one likes 4 doors anyway.

I realize getting it to be a corner carver is going to be a bit of work, Mustang II suspension is probably the easiest route, and we have no idea about the powerplant. We've considered turbo i6, sr20, modular ford, LSx.... Doesn't really matter to us, but just like the car we like it to be just a little odd haha

Here are some pics to get you interested.

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote