Thread: 55.2-59 Dual Carb Intake for my 235
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #19
1project2many

Re: Dual Carb Intake for my 235

I'm surprised no one else has answered by now.

This is not about watching you fail. This is more about trying to help you make choices the help you get the performance you want. It sounds like you've got a good start at this point.

In case you don't know, there are wide band O2 sensors and narrow band O2 sensors. Make sure the gauge you get uses a wide band. Narrow band sensors are much less expensive but they quickly lose accuracy when afr moves away from stoich.

I think you have a good idea in using the new parts. You should also get some support going through that site. Use the expected HP curve of the engine to calculate carburetor size. Use the expected torque curve to help select jets.

Try to learn whether the accelerator pumps can be adjusted or changed. On an I6 with small ports and low flow it is possible to dump too much fuel during acceleration. Not likely but possible. It's also possible to have pumps that are too small. Not likely with those carbs but again, possible.

Your engine may also benefit from a more aggressive spark curve. The faster you can get engine rpm to increase the lower the chance for fuel to condense on the manifold walls. Seems silly but it can play hell with tuning.

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by 1project2many; 05-11-2021 at 08:56 PM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote