Thread: 1972 k30
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 02:04 AM   #21
Curtb1971

Re: 1972 k30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Nice work Curt, that’s gonna be a really special truck when you are done. I still have the one me and my old man built way back when I was in high school. Can’t wait to see it continue to come together. That crossover setup on the 60 looks good. If I ever decide to take mine that high I’m going to do something similar with my 60. I keep swearing that 4” is all I need but I do like them up in the air. That crossmember looks awesome, I’ll keep it in mind when I get to my 6.0 swap.
Thanks Tyler She sure is up there in the sky and might take another look at total height once the weight is on it. Still making adjustments to the crossmember design and we will mock up a 6.0 just for the heck of it so more to come on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice work on this K30! Everything looks beautiful. I really like that engine cross member. There definitely weren't many options for these trucks. Finding original ones that are nice is tough and I hate those stupid flat mounts mainly because they suck to put the bolts in.

What did you use to paint your frame and suspension? Your trans and tcase looks very nice as well. I've got a 72 K20 Cheyenne Super I'm working on now and I almost went with that blue and white but I might paint it back to it's original colors. I'm not sure. I've always liked that blue and white but never had one.
Ryan, we used chassis saver paint for the chassis and diffs. The Great Lake Offroad covers and dana 60 hubs got the fancy PPG concept gloss black. A lot of the misc suspension parts are just rattle can rustoleum. I have a soft spot for the med blue and white because my first truck was a 71 custom deluxe in that color. Ended up selling it to help build the orange truck but sure do miss that old rig. This truck is kind of a tribute to ol blue. Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcdewitt View Post
Awesome so far. How are you putting the 205 on the 80e?

Also i see your paypal in your sig. Does that mean you want donations?
That's an interesting question because I'm stuck between machining a spacer or whacking down the output shaft on the trans. I intended to run the stock 4L80e adaptor with a little machining for the shift rails because the T case bolt pattern is the same for the 205. Was going to run a advanced adaptor spacer with a clocking ring but I think that's just too much going on there. Probaly going to just mill a 1/2 longer spacer and if the T case needs clocked I'll drill new mount holes in the case. I'll see if I can find a pic of the stock adaptor whacked out for the shift rail. Used to sell a few parts on the board so hence to paypal sig but donations are always welcome, I'm sure I'd find a way to waste them on old truck parts

Last edited by Curtb1971; 03-12-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Curtb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote