View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 07:42 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Good shocks for a lift?

Most people only know how the shocks they put on their truck changed it from how it was with the shocks before. How many people know how various shocks work on the same truck? There are some of use who at least have had several of the same trucks, so have some comparisons they can make. For me the differences have all been minimal. I've run hydraulic and gas charged. The only shocks I have used that stood out were Rancho 9000RSXs, I think they were called. They were adjustable. They had something like 9 settings. I figure that was a bit of a gimmick, but you could definitely tell the difference between the both extremes. With a load or pulling the trailer I'd use the firmest. On the softest setting the truck swayed and bounced. On the firm setting it hauled just right. Empty it rode like a buckboard on the firm setting and rode just right on soft setting. Great suspension flex off road

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-08-2022 at 02:17 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote