View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 09:09 PM   #42
landarts
landarts

Re: Super Cheyenne aka the "Devil Cowboy"

So Sunday morning I raised the cab and got the body lift out and set the cab back down in the same location on 4x4 timber blocks that had in the shop. Did some cleaning up in the shop from the mess I made on Saturday. then pushed the truck into the driveway and did an inside and outside power wash. Got another few pounds of dirt off of the truck and then rolled it in for the day.

Monday I was about attacking the cab issues that needed welding. At this point I knew there was a small hole on the drinker's side of the cab about midway, and also another one slightly larger on the captain's side. Also knew there was one on top of the roof that was from an old CB radio antenna. So I started to strip down the drinker side back corner around the hole area and I knew I had to work my way up following the filler I could see. I could tell there was going to be a surprise or two so I marched forward.

As you can see in the pictures there was a boatload more damage that had been covered up with filler. It looks like the back of the cab had maybe a camper or something in the bed that hit it hard and created a few dents and a crease. Glad I took it down to metal to find the issue. Got the small hole patched up and sanded down.

Pic 1-Grinding out the filler to expose the issue
Pic 2-Exposing the ugly
Pic 3-Took it all the way down since there is other areas that will need some work
Pic 4-Cut out a small patch for the hole
Pic 5-All welded in and hit with 80 grit on a small air sander
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote