Thread: 1958 Project
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Houston54

Re: 1958 Project

I used the dimensions provided in the No Limit video I had purchased some years back. I do not recall the exact dimensions at this time and there are other dimensions you need to consider at the same time. Although the video does leave some details a bit grey it does a good job of instructing you how to do the subframe modification. My advice is to obtain that video. When I had a specific question regarding the install No Limt (Rob) was able to clarify for the most part.

There are other subframe install methods out there but this is the look I wanted for my truck. Whether the stance will be to my complete liking remains to be seen as the IRS may be set too high or it may be too low. That issue will not get answered until I get the cab, bed and drivetrain in place. I do not expect any problems but I want the truck low but not too low and the rake to be subtle. This truck is being built to drive not show so handling performance is important.

Some might say I should have used C4 front suspension with the rear C4 IRS but I had the F-body subframe in stock. The result will be just fine.
Houston54 is offline   Reply With Quote